An Exceptional Wall System Delivers Exceptional Energy-Efficiency
Butler® has always been first to market with game-changing products. Now we're at it again with two unique wall systems specifically designed to deliver best-in-class energy performance. The new Butlerib II EX™ Wall System and Shadowall EX™ Wall System, provide you with two innovative energy-efficient options. Both wall systems address the challenges of ever-changing energy codes while providing a competitive alternative to insulated metal panels (IMPs).
A Smart Approach
Sometimes even the smallest building components can address a need for better performance, quality, and functionality. When new energy codes required a maximum U-factor for metal building walls, Butler designed a unique stanchion, found in the Butlerib II EX and Shadowall EX Wall Systems, to address this need. This exclusive feature creates a larger insulation cavity between the structural and the wall panel, which allows a single-skin solution to accommodate more fiberglass insulation, thereby improving thermal performance. This extra insulation enables the EX Wall Systems to achieve a superior energy rating and out-perform a 2.5" IMP. The Butlerib II EX System achieves a 0.046 U-factor rating while the Shadowall EX System rates at 0.047.
Best in Class Energy Performance
As states adopt newer energy codes, buildings are required to have higher-performing insulation systems. The new EX Wall Systems not only deliver these required thermal values but can prove their performance as tested in our accredited BlueScope Guarded Hot Box, a testing apparatus that quantifies energy efficiency. The Guarded Hot Box, a Butler first in the industry, provides accurate, real-world insulating information rather than the theoretical data claimed by most building products manufacturers. The data provides you with extremely accurate estimates of your building's heating and cooling energy consumption. Your Butler Builder® will select the correct HVAC units for maximum energy-efﬁciency using this information.
The Butlerib II EX™ and Shadowall EX™ Wall Systems offer these benefits to save you money:
- Economical solution – A fully installed EX System provides a cost-competitive solution over other insulated wall systems.
- Superior energy performance – Both EX Systems are value-engineered to meet or out-perform the energy performance of an insulated metal panel, making it an excellent option where energy efficiency is one of your chief concerns.
- Fewer equipment costs – Typical IMP panels are heavy and require lifting equipment to install the panels. The EX Systems are lightweight and easier for crews to handle without the need for special equipment
- Easy installation – The metal stanchions attach on top of the fiberglass insulation and hold it in place during installation, making it easier to assemble, especially during windy conditions.
- Freight advantages over IMP - IMP is freight sensitive, especially when transported from a distance to the job site, but the single-skin EX panels ship stacked, saving on shipping costs.
Engineered for higher-quality installation and better building performance, our EX Wall Systems meet your needs. That's the Butler Difference.